Comprehensive Basel Bank Capital Adequacy
- 0/100 Students
- 0 Lessons /0 Quizes
The objective of the course is to provide participants with detailed analysis and insight into the current financial regulation under the Basel Accords (Basel II, Basel III and 2017 Basel III reform). This will be achieved through examination of various regulatory requirements from Basel Committee for Banking Supervision (BCBS), the European Banking Authority (EBA), the EU Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR) and Capital Requirements Directive IV (CRD IV) and Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) as specified within the scope of Basel regulatory programme.
The course is divided into 3 broad categories;
- Analysis of the Basel Accords (Basel II 2004, Basel III 2010 and Basel III 2017 reform) and implementation guidelines.
- Theoretical and practical in-depth analysis of Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Liquidity Risk and Market Risk under Basel accords.
- Participants exposure to excel base risk engine simulator used in RWA calculation and derivation of other risk measures.
- Understanding of Banks’ capital regulatory requirements under credit risk, operational risk market risk and liquidity risk.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to take up a role within Basel regulatory framework and risk management space as a whole.
- The Basel III 2017 reform implementation timeline is from year 2022 to 2027, this provides stability for project based contractors and permanent staff that can break into the Basel regulatory implementation programme of any financial institution.
- Testers, Business Analysts, Developers and Project Manager’s will continue to have key roles to play in the implementation of new and existing Basel requirements, hence the training is open to people from different field/background.